[TriLUG] fibre channel, multipathing, and recent kernels/distros

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 10:09:35 EDT 2006

I don't have any direct experience with those switches, but I know FC switch
zoning in general.  Can that BladeCenter switch use both hard and soft
zoning (port-based vs. WWN-based)?  I would suggest soft zoning, because
that is somewhat harder to screw up, IMHO.

I'm not familiar with qlremote, but I do have some small familiarity with
Qlogic's SANsurfer utility for configuring your persistent bindings on Linux
(mostly worked with RHEL so far, though, no SLES).

I can probably help at least to some degree.  Send me an email with some
questions or let me know, and I might be able to help remotely.

-Ben Pitzer