[TriLUG] linksys WRT54g v.5

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sat Aug 5 21:00:23 EDT 2006

they definitely can't handle large amounts of throughput.  i had a v5
sitting in front of a server at my colo (i needed a quick fix), and it would
reset tcp connections when the traffic spiked above a certain level.  but
for home use where you'll probably never see anything above 6mb/s it's
probably fine.

incidently i replaced the v5 with a linux firewall running on a k6-300, it
handles the high traffic bursts just fine.  someone theorized that it was
the lack of buffers on the wrt ethernet interfaces that makes them conk out
under load.

jason