[TriLUG] Is it Really Dead?

Ron Young ronyoung at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 6 17:00:34 EDT 2006

I have an old Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop that seems to have just given up
the ghost.  I was hoping to use it for my first slackware installation.
Since I have experienced some history with this machine getting hung out
there in the ether between suspend and hibernate I thought I could
remove the power and just wait a bit and it would just boot up again.  NOT!

Now the laptop continuously powers on then resets before the screen
lights up and even with the lid closed!  I have to remove the battery
and unplug the external power to get it to stop this cycling.

Ideas?   Anyone need an anchor for a two man fishing boat?

Thanks for any hints.

Ron