[TriLUG] Re: OSS Backup software and mulitple OS clients - Got it working

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Aug 7 16:51:48 EDT 2006

Roy Vestal wrote:
> Ok...One question the client asked that I *didn't* know the answer:
>
> When we go to restore a file, I can restore *any* client from *any*
> other client. We only want the client to be able to restore it's own
> backups and not any others.
>
> Now with the demo, I just used the "stock" defaults for bacula. Anyone
> know how to lock down the clients access?
>
> TIA
>
> Roy Vestal wrote:

I'm not sure that there is.  I've been using bacula for several months
now.  In your shoes, I would explore using separate catalogs for each
client.  That might keep them out of each others files....

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/