[TriLUG] Excellent meeting, and a question

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 23:35:04 EDT 2006

I'm glad to have helped inspire you, as well as give you a good laugh
(at first).  Currently I know zip, nada, nothing about Asterisk or
Festival (except what their basic function should be), but if we get
the new IT person we are hoping for at work, I have a good idea that I
will be introduced to it all and I can't wait!  He is who introduced
the very idea to me, quite novel, and I LOVE the spin you put on it...
dial x to acknowledge (setting the Nagios acknowledge obviously)...
very keen.  :)  Also, thank you Chris (and Kevin) for the nod that
nrpe-nt works well as I too have some win systems and services to
monitor.  So far my poor Nagios implementation only does PING to all
my hosts and monitors my web services.  I have lots more to configure!
 Thank you Jason and Ian for your presentation.

laters,
David

heh, I see mr carnes has already chimed in... nice, this is fun stuff.  :)

--
David McDowell
http://www.turnpike420.net