[TriLUG] CentOS Yum question - Problem found...need better fix

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Aug 11 13:06:30 EDT 2006

Ok,
  I found the problem. When I run yum --installroot= , the baseurl from
my repos are the stock
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch

Yum is seeing the $releasever variable as "Null" If I change the
"$releasever" to "4.3" in my /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo it works
fine.

So the question now is, how is the $releasever variable created/passed?