[TriLUG] I see an exchange server in my future

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 23:26:51 EDT 2006

+1 for "Choose your battles".

You are about to deploy an email server.  This, by definition, means
that something will go wrong (Note: when you make any large technology
introduction/change, something will go wrong, and when every user has
a client that they will undoubtedly screw up and blame it on you, the
problem is even worse).

If you successfully pitch something else, anything and everything that
goes wrong will be your fault.  If you go with the boss'
recommendation, a lot of stuff that goes wrong can be explained away
as "this is Outlook and it's what you wanted".

Champion open source when it's a fair and open playing field.  If you
force the issue at the wrong time, both you and OSS in general run
unnecessary risks.

Shane O.

Shane O.
========