[TriLUG] I see an exchange server in my future

Marc linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:24:39 EDT 2006

I currently admin a qmail server that is accessed POP3.  Although I am
irritated at the host and do not recommend that for various reasons (not my
decision), I do think that from what I read online, qmail is a good app to
run.  I will probably lobby for that if I can convince them to move back
in-house.

Otherwise I would also recommend Thunderbird email client.  It is great and
there should be very little missing that you can't find a workaround for.
D/L and install it concurrently with the outlook, then when you run it you
can import the pst files and it will be up and running with no loss of
emails.  Also I have a user that is swamped with spam so I am going to be
trying the spam filter functions and showing her how to use that asap.
Pretty cool for a client to have since so many of the winderz apps seem to
be malware magnets.

Marc