[TriLUG] Linux Kernel Map

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:45:29 EDT 2006

I'm planning to throw one at UNC in late October (in order to have
some Ubuntu Edgy Eft disks on hand), but the kids over at NCSU might
have one sooner. Hit up #ncsulug on freenode to bug them about it.

TriLUG has not sponsored an installfest in some time because (1) space
has to be scheduled, (2) schedules have to be scheduled, (3) equipment
(eg. displays) has to be scheduled, etc. This generally takes a lot
less work at a university and tends to be better-attended (curious
freshmen and whatnot).

If enough interest is expressed by TriLUG members, we could sponsor
one, but putting one together and then hoping for a crowd is a losing
battle.

Peace,
CMP

On 8/17/06, OlsonE at aosa.army.mil <OlsonE at aosa.army.mil> wrote:
> Has anyone seen this before?
>
> http://lug.oregonstate.edu/projects/kernelmap/map.php?x=0&y=0&zoom=1
>
> ...definitely uber. The LUG at Oregon State are some crazy cats... check
> out some of the other things they did ...like a Firefox crop circle...
>
> Which makes me think... when's the next Install fest?

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences