[TriLUG] Troubleshooting dropped frames with firewire and dvgrab

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 12:57:00 EDT 2006

man hdparm

See esp. the section "-d     Disable/enable the "using_dma" flag for
this drive...."

Also, for sound recording I've heard it recommended that one not use
GNOME or EVIL^WKDE as these both cause xruns.

Best of luck. :)

-CMP

On 8/20/06, T. Bryan <tbryan at python.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 20 August 2006 11:18, T. Bryan wrote:
>
> > My machine is older, but it's not ancient.
> > AMD Athlon 1 GHz
> > 768 MB RAM
> > Drives:
> > The video is being stored to /dev/hda.
> > /dev/hda 160 GB IDE, dmesg says UDMA(100)
>
> Duh.  I left off this bit of info, in case it matters.
> I'm running Debian testing.  Kernel is 2.6.16-2-k7.
>
> ---Tom

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences