[TriLUG] Old Mac files: any ideas how to open them?

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Aug 24 07:59:11 EDT 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:20 PM, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> You're right, the files are now on a Windows machine, and I'm
> trying to open them from either a linux or Windows box. However, I
> think the MacWrite hypothesis is a good one, so I'm hoping to find
> a macintosh around campus I can try it out on. I'll keep y'all
> informed....

I'm in Wisconsin this week, but I have a Mac Plus (4M RAM, 20 MB hard
drive) that can be networked so let me know if you can't find one and
perhaps we can use it. The other option is to find someone with a
Powerbook running the OS9 emulator and you can find copies of
MacWrite, Word, etc. from that time period on the net that will work
on it. The trick then is getting a floppy drive that will read the
disks.

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 533 0160   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C