[TriLUG] Serial usb devices permissions hot plug question on Rel 4

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Aug 24 09:58:21 EDT 2006

I think the "right" way to handle this issue is to ensure that every
process that needs to access the device be run under a user who is a
member of the group owner of the usb device.

Nevertheless, I'd be interested in hearing another answer to this too,
since I can't seem to get CUPS to run as the right user that has rw
access to my USB printers (and end up manually setting o+rw on
/dev/usb/lp* after every reboot and/or hot plug).

~Brian