[TriLUG] Serial usb devices permissions hot plug question on Rel 4

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Thu Aug 24 10:02:47 EDT 2006

We had an issue similar to this but with serial connected printers. We
basically had this old, TN3270 type system that required printing to a
serial, dot-matrix printer.

In the end we modified the CUPS startup script to first check for
permissions on the devices, and if they were incorrect, set them to what
they should be.

...this was on RedHat 7.3 though...