[TriLUG] Availability reporting: nagios vs big brother

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Aug 25 09:38:21 EDT 2006

You can either disable notifications for the host, or you can put the
host in downtime to stop getting paged. I would suggest installing
Nagios and playing with it to make sure it does what you want before
looking at changing.  It's pretty easy to get it running on a
workstation for monitoring of a few hosts for testing.

Owen