[TriLUG] compiling java code with gij, running as binfmt code

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Aug 29 14:33:17 EDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Owen Berry wrote:

> I should have pointed out in my earlier posting that I assumed you were
> specifically looking for GNU. See the list below for non-GNU options,
> with various licenses.

I was just looking around to make sure I could get
everything to work, so this is all usefull.

I did try gcj last night and it's missing things too. I
didn't know what to make of the just-ahead compiler and the
just-intime compiler. A compiler is a compiler, right? Now I
see that byte code has to be compiled too.

Joe