[TriLUG] Playing with RT Tracker

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Aug 29 22:48:13 EDT 2006

I'm playing with RT Tracker for a possible solution to support requests
@ work. I've got it running with apache2 using mod_perl on my test
server and boy howdy is it slow. It takes 50 seconds just to load the
log-in screen. I've tried to add the fastcgi to the server and have been
getting an arcane error message "cant find apache2:something or another"
and install fails. I "think" it has something to do with the renaming
the PERL folks did. I haven't even begun to test e-mail integration.

Should RT be painful running under mod_perl? And by painful I mean it
actually locked the server this afternoon. Anyone have any tips for
getting fastcgi to install on CentOS4?

The RT wiki warns of dependency heck, but this is almost too much!

TIA Dave