[TriLUG] IRC lack-of-fun

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Aug 30 16:35:07 EDT 2006

I concur on this.  The last thing I want to do is run multiple clients for
multiple services (jabber/aim/irc/etc)  at multiple locations (work/home
desktop/home laptop) to keep in touch with everyone.  I've figured out
bitlbee for AIM individual chats, and that does fine (and allegedly
there's a mode for MUCs, but I haven't had time or reason to try it).

Maybe I've missed it but freenode doesn't seem as unstable
as...say...efnet or undernet.  Most of the trouble I've seen has been
stupid dcc chat exploits on users rather than server droppage.

Just my $0.02 fairly late in the day (and the discussion)

--
William Sutton
M: 919.604.2502