[TriLUG] IRC lack-of-fun

Stephen Roller scroller at ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 30 17:37:39 EDT 2006

I slightly prefer IRC, but I'm perfectly happy moving to Jabber.  Anyone
who uses Gmail might be pleased with a switch to Jabber, I guess.

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 17:31 -0400, Cristobal Palmer wrote:
> I've seen responses for and against Jabber, and I'd like to follow up
> on the MUC issue. Somebody mentioned a curses-based MUC client from
> google's SOC. Can we get any more info on that?

http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~schow031/gaim/

All I can find on the issue.  Looks like his code there.  I have not
tried this at all.  Since it is based on libgaim, it should support all
the protocols that gaim supports (MSN, AIM, ICQ, Jabber, and a bunch
others)