[TriLUG] Looking tutorials Perl and Python

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Aug 31 17:16:38 EDT 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 18:13, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I'm in a position at work where I'm going to need to learn Perl and
> Python. Yes, I've been a linux admin for a LONG time and never had to
> learn these until now.
>
> I'm looking for recommendations online if possible or in book form.

You could join the local Triangle Zope/Python User Group
(http://www.trizpug.org/) and ask the other members for their favorite books.
We have an active group, and you might want to come out and hang out with
some other Python users.  :)

It kind of depends on what style of intro to a language you like.  A lot of
people seem to like Dive into Python.  There's an online tutorial if you just
want to get a quick overview of basic syntax.  I liked O'Reilly's Learning
Python; it wasn't terrific, but it wasn't bad.

---Tom