[TriLUG] Lost password for FreeBSD box

Marc linuxr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 08:23:04 EDT 2006

One way to do it is with a brute force password cracking application.  The
last one I ran was lophcrack (or l0phtcrack), that is an old one but I am
sure there are new and improved ones although I am not sure which (john the
ripper maybe?).  Google for 'brute force'.  Point the app to that ip address
on your local network.  It will return a list of all  passwords on that
machine.

Marc