[TriLUG] buying songs online

Charles Fischer fischer at 4pi.com
Mon Sep 4 13:23:02 EDT 2006

Vote with your money and at the polls.  The DMCA was written to prevent
fair use and to make any copy protection good enough.  If you do not let
your elected officials know that you will hold them responsible for
selling your rights to the RIAA, the next version of the DMCA will be
even worse.

You may reach David Price at: http://price.house.gov/
Elizabeth Dole at: http://dole.senate.gov/
Richard Buff at: http://burr.senate.gov/

I have e-mailed all three over the last few years about the DMCA,
Patents and some non-technical issues.  I suggest that everybody write
his or her congressmen.

I no longer buy Sony products because of their DRM abuse.  I also let
Sony know by e-mail that I bought a new HP notebook (I hope it does not
have Sony batteries) and not a Sony because of their DRM.  Just not
buying is not enough.

I hope I kept my liberal bias out of this e-mail.

-Charles Fischer