[TriLUG] buying songs online

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at befunk.com
Mon Sep 4 15:25:41 EDT 2006

Jim Ray wrote:

> live performance is where it is at.  any tom, dick or sally can
> fabricate something in a studio.

That's like saying that writing is no good and the only good story is
one spoken by a public speaker.  :)

They each require skill in slightly different (but related) domains.
Production (and I don't mean turning up the compression) is an art just
like performance is.  I love a good live band, but if you limit yourself
to only live performances (and recordings of live performances) you lose
out on a lot of interesting music.

Anyways, I'm done bitching.  :)

As far as being on topic goes, DRM sucks, but I unfortunately vote with
my apathy.  :P  I use iTunes music store fairly often, but I'll buy CDs
as well.  I know I should care, but it's hard to when no matter what you
do the artist is still getting screwed.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
http://ranger.befunk.com/