[TriLUG] Linux NTFS network shares

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Wed Sep 6 09:26:05 EDT 2006

Actually, you can write NTFS in Linux. There are quite a few ways, and
suggestions. One of them being captive-ntfs. It worked, but was VERY,
VERY slow -- I have a Intel 530? 3.46ghz / 4gb of RAM. Using the linux
kernel (2.6.17) I am able to write to NTFS (I was skeptical at first),
but I've transferred a few GB back and forth and have had no issues.