[TriLUG] question about mounting USB keys and case

Dan trilug at daijin.router5.com
Wed Sep 6 19:47:01 EDT 2006

I'm using the latest Ubuntu... when I plug my USB disk into the laptop I
get an automatic mount  with something like '/media/usbdisk' as the
mount point but all of the file names are upper case.  If I dismount the
drive and remount with a 'mount /dev/sda1 ./tmp' I get all files in
lower case.  I think this is because I am dealing with a native FAT32
partion... the real question is how I can make the auto mount give me
lower case as well?

Dan