[TriLUG] WAY OT: Technical Book Resources

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:21:22 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk> wrote:

> Locally, the B&N in Cary near the corner of Maynard and Walnut used to have
> a massive selection of tech books, as did the Borders right down the
> street (by Walnut & Buck Jones).
> But Borders has cut back on their selection of computer books
> substantially and I imagine that
> B&N has as well (although I haven't been in there for a long time, so
> I'm not sure).

I've noticed that several of the local B&N stores are carrying less
computer and tech books. I don't know about the Cary store. But the
computer book section in the Triangle Town Center store seems to be
shrinking.

Last time I visited, the best local stores in my regular book store
rotation were the two Borders on Six Forks Rd.  I think that the
northern one near Strickland was marginally better.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/