[TriLUG] open source lab on 10/26 (9/28 postponed) and free pc/notebooks

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Sep 8 07:14:00 EDT 2006

i'm blowing off the september meeting due to a little vacation in hilton head with my family that week.  the open source party at my house never happened since i've only had a few saturdays off this whole summer.  thank god for work.

next meeting: 10/26/2006
http://www.neuse.net/opensource

a new version of ubuntu came out since our last meeting, and i'm tired of carrying around an old desktop pc.  that frankenstein pc currently running some flavor of ubuntu we loaded earlier this year is up for grabs (first come, first served).

i'll bring a working notebook pc to start fresh at our next meeting.

i also have 8 toshiba satellite pro 6100 P4 1.8 GHz Win XP Pro defective notebook pcs to give away.  hard disks have been stripped.  some have 512 MB of PC133 RAM.  some have bad displays.  some have bad system boards.  you will *probably* be able to switch out parts and yield at least one working unit.  no guarantees.  if you need a HD with it, we'll have to put a little beer on the line, though (bud doesn't count).  i've got some labor involved in writing a random pass per agreement with the customer.  otherwise, they're free.  one person gets all.  first come, first served.

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
2610 Vanderbilt Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27607-7247

tel: 919-838-1672
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

What People Say About Us
http://www.neuse.net/portfolio

Neuse Model N3 Server based on the Intel Xeon processor - A powerful and cost-effective solution designed for quiet and reliable operation and tool-less assembly and service
http://www.neuse.net/server

Commercial and Industrial Cabling Plants - Wiring for Computer Networks and Phone Systems
http://www.neuse.net/cabling