[TriLUG] 20th Large Installation System Administration Conference

Lionel G. Jones lgj at usenix.org
Mon Sep 11 14:00:01 EDT 2006

Dear Colleague:

On behalf of all of the LISA '06 organizers, I'd like to invite you to
join us in Washington, D.C., for the 20th Large Installation System
Administration Conference.

For the past 19 years LISA has been the focal point for the global
community of system and network administrators. This year LISA continues
that tradition, featuring innovative tools and techniques essential for
your professional and technical development.

Take advantage of the popular 6 days of training. Select from over 50
tutorials taught by highly expert instructors, including:

-- Gerald Carter on Ethereal and the Art of Debugging Networks

-- Richard Bejtlich on TCP/IP Weapons

-- AEleen Frisch on Administering Linux in Production Environments

-- Chip Salzenberg on Higher-Order Perl

-- And more . . .

The full training program can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa06/training/

In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include
top-notch refereed papers, informative invited talks, expert Guru Is In
sessions, and the popular Hit the Ground Running track.
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa06/tech/

* Our 20+ invited talks feature our most impressive slate of speakers to
date. They include:

-- Keynote: "Hollywood's Secret War on Your NOC," by Cory Doctorow,
co-editor of Boing Boing and former Director of European Affairs for the EFF

-- "Open Source Software and Its Role in Space Exploration," by DJ
Byrne, Jet Propulsion Laboratory

-- "Teaching Problem Solving: You Can and You Should," by Elizabeth
Zwicky, Acuitus

-- "Corporate Security: A Hacker Perspective," by Mark "Simple Nomad"
Loveless, Vernier Networks, Inc.

-- "Black Ops 2006: Pattern Recognition" by Dan Kaminsky, DoxPara Research

-- "High Availability: From Luxury to Commonplace Necessity in 10
Years," by Eric Hennessey, Symantec Corp.

* LISA is the premier forum for presenting new research in system
administration. We selected papers from over 40 submissions, showcasing
state-of-the-art work on topics including system and network management,
theory, visualization, security, electronic mail, and more.

* Get a head start on key technologies with 15-minute talks in the Hit
the Ground Running track. Find out about the basic concepts, what
acronyms you will encounter, and what Web sites and books are the best
resources. http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa06/htg.html

* Bring your perplexing technical questions to experts at LISA's Guru Is
In sessions.

* And much more . . .

Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.

Benefit from new opportunities for peer interaction around the topics
that mean the most to you.

For complete program information and to register, see
http://www.usenix.org/lisa06/proga

For a behind-the-scenes look at the conference and a sneak preview of
some of the cool new things happening this year, visit the LISA '06 blog
at http://blog.lisaconference.org

Early registration discounts for LISA '06, taking place December 3-8,
2006, in Washington, D.C. are now available. Register by Friday,
November 10, and save up to $300!

We're pleased to bring LISA to Washington, D.C., and look forward to
seeing you there.

On behalf of the LISA '06 Program Committee,

William LeFebvre
lisa06chair at usenix.org