[TriLUG] why is it slow?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 12 00:13:01 EDT 2006

Could it be that all 3100 files are in the same directory?

I have a feeling that this might exceed the ability of your server to
cache which files are available in that directory - thus it would
re-read with each request... and that could take some time.

Try using a different directory and just loading a few hundred files
into that. If the access is much faster... then you have your answer.

Good Luck - Jon