[TriLUG] Recommendations for self-study Linux courses

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Sep 12 20:26:19 EDT 2006

Hello,

Our company recently hired a number of people who need to be trained in
the basics of Linux/Unix commands.  Does anyone have any recommendations
for online curricula, training companies offering online courses, etc.?

We'd prefer something that has an assessment component - e.g.
individual quizzes/tests, and with a way for a manager to review progress.

This doesn't need to be advanced system administration - simple things
like understanding basic user commands, using the vi editor, and very
basic sysadmin stuff - maybe equivalent to the LPI level 1 "Junior" Linux
certification.

LPI does offer a number of resources and I am evaluating those, but I'd be
specifically interested in any personal recommendations.

Thanks,
Jeremy Portzer

P.S. apologies if this appears twice