[TriLUG] sasl problem

Jim Wright wrightjim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:43:17 EDT 2006

> When I was having this problem on my Debian box, it was due to the
> saslauthd socket not being accessible inside the mail server chroot.  I
> had to bind mount the saslauthd directory into the chroot.  Makes for
> kind of ugly output from "mount", but gets the job done.

Thanks for the response, but I don't think this is the same issue, as
I don't believe the testsaslauthd program would be running in the same
chroot as postfix.  I've heard further from the host, and apparently I
am not the only one with this problem, so it seems to be something
fundamentally wrong with the platform OS that my VPS is hosted on.
They are moving my VPS to another server right now.  I'm keeping my
fingers crossed.