[TriLUG] why is it slow?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Sep 15 10:18:25 EDT 2006

<snip>
> and vice versa.  If someone else out there knows of a way to make this
> work via iptables alone, I'd be mighty interested in it, because I can't
> come up with a way, and it sure feels like there should be one.

What about having one of the rules in PREROUTING and one in POSTROUTING?
   Such as the DNAT rule in the PREROUTING chain and the SNAT rule in
the POSTROUTING chain (all in the nat table)?  According to this (
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/images/f/f0/Iptables.gif ) it
looks like packets do go through both PRE and POST chains in the nat
table before being passed back out an interface..  Though that seems
deceptively simple enough to figure that Joyner must have already though
of it and figured out why it wouldn't work..

<snip>
> Let it be said that I'm a died in the wool Linux fan...
Aaron died in the wool?  That's tragic!  When's the funeral?

;-)

~Brian