[TriLUG] what is this stuff?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:45:21 EDT 2006

On 9/15/06, jason watts <jsnthegod at hotmail.com> wrote:

> so, should i install the rpm's from the cd and have it more intergrated?
>
> or should i go from the source and have more uptodate stuff?

Go with your distro.

If you're trying to do something that explicitly requires a _very_
recent version, go from the source, but since you're asking this
question, my guess is that you won't be trying to do anything that
would require that. Staying with what your distro rolls for you makes
life generally easier--easier to get help, find documentation, update,
remember what the heck you did 18 months from now, avoid security
problems, etc. etc.

-CMP

--
Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences