[TriLUG] Squirrelmail and Dovecot problem

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 18 15:14:38 EDT 2006

I have a user with a strange problem with squirrelmail and dovecot. The
error he gets is in his browser is:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: EXAMINE "INBOX"

and what I see in the mail.err log is

Sep 18 14:59:24 chemdept dovecot: imap(username): file
mbox-sync-rewrite.c: line 106 (mbox_sync_headers_add_space): assertion
failed: (start_pos < data_size)
Sep 18 14:59:24 chemdept dovecot: child 30287 (imap) killed with signal 6

I searched google and the only think I found suggested copying the mbox
file to a new file, delete the old and rename the new. I tried this with
his mail spool file and the mbox file in his home directory but had no
luck -- the problem persists. He can access his mail with Eudora without
any problem, it's just squirrelmail.

any ideas?
Thanks.
glenn