[TriLUG] IRC lack-of-fun

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:20:06 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Cristobal Palmer <cristobalpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of us in #trilug on freenode are getting concerned about the
> stability of that network, so we decided recently to start a #trilug
> on irc.oftc.net.

This appeared in the Ubuntu weekly newsletter. It's the first I heard of this.

=== Rob Levin (lilo) of Freenode passes away ===

It is with great sadness that we at the Ubuntu Weekly News note the
passing of Rob Levin, founder and the main driving force behind
Freenode and its umbrella organization, the Peer Directed Projects
Center. Freenode has hosted Ubuntu's IRC channels since the beginning
of the project. Rob was killed after being hit by a car while riding
his bicycle and had been in a coma since the 12th. Condolences can be
sent to condolences at freenode.net and an official statement from the
Freenode Network Staff can be found at http://freenode.net/news.shtml.

--
Rick