[TriLUG] Re: Postfix, Relay and nc.rr.com

Brian Blater (BBList) bblist at ridetta.org
Wed Sep 20 12:47:43 EDT 2006

<45116CA5.8010305 at bearcircle.net>,
lance at bearcircle.net wrote:
> Dave Sorenson wrote:
>> Me thinks RR is having some issues today. Everything I've sent this
>> morning is being delayed by 15- 20 minutes. (I'm e- mailling a
number of
>> docs to my work account).
>
> Which is why I gave up using them as my outbound mail relay about 2
> years ago.  I'm part of a coop that rents a colo'd server and have
set
> up my outbound forwarding to go to that machine instead of RR's smtp-
server.

> -- [Lance]

I would have to agree that RR is having problems today. Although my
delay is more than 15-20 minutes, since I had mail queued up for several
hours because of this problem.

So Lance, what does one need to do to join this coop for outbound
forwarding? I would love to get RR out of the picture.

Brian