[TriLUG] OT - gigabit switches

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Sep 20 15:15:57 EDT 2006

Ryan Leathers wrote:
> I would expect a lab environment to make tremendous use of VLANs.

Ok...I've read the Wikipedia definition of VLANs, and I can see how they
might be useful in a large network.  If it matters, we never run multiple
simultaneous load tests in our lab.  The rest of our office is on a
separate switch (same network mask)...but connected to the lab via the
lab switch.

So, forgive my ignorance, what problem would a VLAN solve for me?

Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services