[TriLUG] how to contact SC?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:43:39 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Matt Frye <mattfrye at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thank you for your concern.  Regardless of your opinion of the SC's
> policy, gmail's SPAM detection prowess, or what *might* happen, you
> are not currently on the Steering Committee and therefore have a
> limited capacity in shaping its policies.  However, you are most
> welcome to run for election to the SC in May.

Matt, now you're just being an ass.  At this point you should
either apologize or resign from the SC (or both).  Insulting
members who are asking SERIOUS questions about how
accountable the SC is trying to be is unacceptable.  While,
yes, I did get into quite a few flame wars while I was on the SC,
I never insulted members about how the organization is run.
If you can't at least show a little respect for that, then you don't
deserve to be on the SC.

That's not and never has been the point.  The steering at trilug.org
e-mail address is also the primary contact for non-members too.
It has been published in numerous places as the primary means
of contacting the SC.  By changing this now, you have changed the
dynamics between the SC and anyone, member or not, who wants
to contact TriLUG.

> > Tanner Lovelace
> > TriLUG SC Co-Chairman 2004-2005
> > TriLUG SC System Administrator 2002-2004
>
> We thank the honorable gentleman for reminding us of his
> SC-credentials.  I feel compelled to point out that it does not list
> "Tanner Lovelace, Member Emeritus."

I put my credentials there so people would understand
where I'm coming from.  No, for the record, I am not currently,
and have never stated as such, on the current Steering
Committee.  If I was I would have made damn sure we didn't
do such a stupid move.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace