[TriLUG] Re: unable to connect to login/dargo @ trilug

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 12:32:59 EDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Lance A. Brown <lance at bearcircle.net> wrote:
> - What was the problem?

Shorewall was dropping connections.

> - What was the resolution?

Restarting shorewall, then ldap, then sshd.  This order was determined
by what errors I was seeing in the logs.

> - What's being done to prevent it happening again?

I am currently investigating the conditions under which the problem
began.  I am unlikely to offer conjecture at this point, so I would
appreciate your patience.

On 9/22/06, Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net> wrote:
> with all due respect lance, sysadminning the trilug servers is purely a
> volunteer thing...he interrupted his normal day job to take care of it

This is true.  And I would like to point out that despite the goings
on the other day,  Tanner Lovelace was one of the first people to
thank me.

Let's all respect one another and keep things in perspective.

Matt

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattfrye