[TriLUG] Subversion setup question?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 17:05:01 EDT 2006

Any experience here in setting up subversion?

I'm trying set up so that I can access svn repositories using svn+ssh

Plain old svn works:
rick at bill:~$ svn co svn://frodo/repository/depot depot
svn: /usr/local/svn/repository/depot/conf/svnserve.conf:12: Option expected
rick at bill:~$ svn co svn://frodo/repository/depot depot
A    depot/test
... lots of files snipped ...
A    depot/public/favicon.ico
Checked out revision 1.

But svn+ssh doesn't:

rick at bill:~$ rm -rf depot/
rick at bill:~$ svn co svn+ssh://frodo/repository/depot depot
svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://frodo/repository/depot'

I can ssh from bill to frodo.

The how-tos I've run across imply that there's no additional setup for
svn+ssh access, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Any ideas?

--
Rick