[TriLUG] Detach/Reattach X-windows apps?

Israel J Pattison pattison at usa.com
Wed Sep 27 08:27:40 EDT 2006

Consider NX (http://www.nomachine.com).  It's using X and SSH under
the covers, and the wire protocol is much more efficient than X.

There is an open source NX server called FreeNX, but at last check the
session detach/reattach capability was not stable.  NoMachine is very
open source friendly and they have recently started offering a
2-connection license of their commercial product for free.

Israel