[TriLUG] SB Live! audio card recognition

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 07:42:43 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, jwheeler at etherealfringe.com <jwheeler at etherealfringe.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have an older box running xUbuntu Dapper with an SB Live! audio card
> installed. For some reason I am getting this strange result from lspci...

> It's calling it a VGA unclassified device and saying that the I/O is
> disabled for some reason. I can't figure out why. I have the ALSA emu10k1...

IIRC, one of my old RH7.3 boxes had an SBLive!  At some point I
figured out that the regular sb module would make the card work.  I
placed a "modprobe sb" in my /etc/rc.local.  Of course, that was a
different dist with a different kernel, but it might be a clue.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattfrye