[TriLUG] triangle infosecon 10/26 - discount trilug rate

98mustang at nc.rr.com 98mustang at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 09:02:21 EDT 2006

The majority of reviews from last year were very positive.  We did
receive a few complaints about the technical track being a little too
company specific, since it was mostly live demos, so we've replaced
that track this year.  In it's place we have an infrastructure security
track.  We've also added an application security track this year, which
is focused on secure coding, so we will have four speaking tracks this
year.  We added a lunch keynote speaker as well.  Johnny Long
(johnny.ihackstuff.com) is giving the lunch keynote this year.  Johnny
has authored and co-authored a number of books, including one about
google hacking and is a very entertaining speaker.

We do our best to bring in knowledgeable, interesting speakers and
topics for the conference.  The conference committee consists of 16
ISSA members, and for the majority of the planning period, 12 of the 16
members are focused solely on reviewing and deciding the speakers.  We
decide speakers completely separately from sponsorships, and have not
promised a single speaking slot based on sponsorships.  We also have
presentation guidelines which require at least 50 minutes of the 1 hour
presentations be product and company agnostic.

I think we have a great schedule of presentations and speakers, but I
recognize that the conference might not be for everyone.  The schedule
of speakers and topics is on the conference website, so you can decide
for yourself if it's worth attending
(http://raleigh.issa.org/conference.html).  Obviously we hope you'll
join us.

By the way, we would love to have some Linux security presentations
next year, and hope some local TriLUG members will submit speaking
proposals.  We'll try to remember to send out the call for papers to
the TriLUG email list.  We usually post the call for papers on our
chapter website 6 months before the conference.

Thanks!

Steve Toy
President, Raleigh ISSA Chapter