[TriLUG] Job Posting: Eunuchs/Linux Engineer Needed
markt at siteseers.net
Thu Oct 5 16:47:12 EDT 2006
Please contact Susan Moore at HCS Systems if you're a qualified eunuch.
If you or anyone you may know are interested, please email me an updated
resume and let me know how you meet each of the requirements. I will be
contacting qualified candidates this week. This is an immediate and
long-term opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you!
Again, thank you.
Visit our career center at:
This individual will be responsible for performing technical support of
internal users (developers, testers, tier 2 helpdesk resources) on a
large enterprise project. This individual will participate in a
10-member team of Oracle Database Administrators, System administrators,
and other system engineers to support a very large Oracle database and
application deployment on Solaris/Linux Responsibilities and
- 3 years minimum System administration experience on Solaris and Linux.
- Expert shell scripting ability with at least two of the following: sh,
ksh, csh, bash, perl
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must demonstrate proficiency in developing and maintaining system
- Very little "hands-on" hardware and low-level OS support needed
- Must be comfortable working within an established change management
- Must have experience with software deployment using Apache, Tomcat,
Apache-Ant, cvs, etc
- Apache, Tomcat administration
- Support Oracle DBAs and application server specialists
- Support other infrastructure roles as needed (such as network engineer
- Technical support for other internal teams such as application
development, QA testers, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Unix users, groups, permissions, storage
- Capable of understanding complex client-server application deployments
- "jack of all trades" with system infrastructure needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation, and perform
problem-resolution after hours when notified by automated monitoring
- Must participate in monthly scheduled maintenance weekend activities
(one weekend per month)
- RedHat certification a definite plus
More information about the TriLUG