[TriLUG] Start ooimpress presentation on startup?

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Wed Oct 4 16:18:21 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 12:12:48PM -0700, Aaron Joyner wrote:
> I would like to be able to launch ooimpress, and have it automatically
> "present" a presentation.  Specifically, I'd like the functionality of
> running `ooimpress /path/to/presentation.sxi` and pressing Control-F2 to
> start the presentation.  It seems like there ought to be a command line
> option to achieve this effect, but I'll be darned if I can find one.

The man page in Ubuntu lists the following:

-show presentation
        Starts  with the given Impress file and starts the presentation.
        Enters edit mode after the presentation.

So, in theory, you would do:
ooffice -show /path/to/presentaion.sxi

Regrettably, I do not have a .sxi file to test this with.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5