[TriLUG] The thin line...

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 07:36:22 EDT 2006

Yes, I'd say that replacing or rewriting is the last thing that would
happen.  Some
interesting tools came out of the process though.  My old roommate
used to work on
one:  WebSphere Studio Asset Analyiser, or something like that.  I
think it tried
to untable COBOL spaghetti :-)

>From what I've heard, COBOL is still over 90% of new development at many large
institutions.  Also, over 90% of TCP traffic goes through mainframes.  Thing is,
if they break someone comes screaming and they're fixed.  They stay mostly
low-key though :-)  Plus they're being wed to web services.

Peace.
Andrew