[TriLUG] Webalizer help

Jojo Almario jalmario at intrahealth.org
Fri Oct 6 11:54:59 EDT 2006

I am trying to configure and run webalizer on an FC4 server.  Here is
what I have done so far

-          editied conf file with the following settings

-          Log file = /var/log/httpd/htaccess_log

-          Outputdir =/var/www/usage

-          Set HostName = [mydomain].org

I then ran /usr/bin/webalizer -c /etc/webalizer.conf >>
/var/log/httpd/webalizer.log

I got this procedure from http://linux.cudeso.be/linuxdoc/webalizer.php
and just inserting the values I thought I would need.  What I get when I
go to www.[mydomain].com/usage is a 403 that says "Forbidden"  I don't
have permission to access /usage on this server.

I have not adjusted the permissions or ownership on the /usage folder
yet.  There is another web server that used to run webalizer that I
migrated from (FC2).  It worked on that server but I wasn't the one who
configured it.  The permissions and owner ship from what I can tell are
the same.

Any help is appreciated

JOJO