[TriLUG] need help allowing a certain host access to our postfix server [PLEASE DISREGARD, ANSWER FOUND]

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 21:55:17 EDT 2006

Also, check your SMTP restrictions

reject_unauth_destination

  This was the problem, the permit_mynetworks was about fourth in the list after reject_nonqualified_name, puttting permit_mynetworks first allowed the traffic to flow through the server.

Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:
    On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 12:12, Chris Bullock wrote:
> we have tried to implement some spam blocking controls on postfix. This has helped a little but now we have some windows machines running specific applications that postfix is rejecting the mail due to the device not having a fqda. Please see logs.
> Oct 6 10:08:22 mx2 postfix/smtpd[1857]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from voicemail.mydomain.com[12.2.6.5]: 504 : Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address; from= to=<5555555 at iwarn.com> proto=ESMTP helo=
>

> The host is in our known networks also.
> please advise.
> Chris

If they are local networks, make sure you have your DNS responding with
reverse lookups. You can make your DNS think it is authoritative for the
192.168.1... ip network.

Also, check your SMTP restrictions

reject_unauth_destination

smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access

Good Luck