[TriLUG] Search Engine question

WA Brown brownwa at ftc-i.net
Sun Oct 15 22:11:25 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric H Christensen" <kf4otn at ericsatcom.net>
To: "Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list" <trilug at trilug.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Search Engine question

> All search engines keep records.  That is how they improve on their
> technologies.  If you don't "log in" to Google or use Google services
> then they are not able to track your searches to you personally.
>
> Eric

Let me try to explain what I mean. I am anal about security. Its not that I
have anything to hide but my info is nobody else's business. This is why I
built my own server,website and forums board. Where I go and what I look at
is nobody's business and I am sure there are others that feel as I do. Just
recently a news story about google came up in the news and said they are
writing programs that will turn on your webcam and microphone remotely so
they can " see what products you use and listen to what radio and tv shows
you watch". This kinda thing makes my hair stand up! I don't want that to
happen to me or any other person. I am just trying to think of an
alternative.

WA Brown