[TriLUG] Search Engine question

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sun Oct 15 22:52:40 EDT 2006

I worked for a company recently that decided they were going to write
their own google.  They figured that the two programmers on staff* could
do it in a matter of a couple months.  Then again, this is the same company
that sent an email to the hundred odd employees trying to get them to
google the company's latest offering in order to bubble it up in the pager
rankings *smirk*

W.

*neither of whom works there at present

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

--snip--

> You can certainly run your own Internet search engine locally if you'd
> like.  Heck, writing a basic web spider / search engine in Java or Perl
> can be done in a day (or less) using
> available libraries.  But, unfortunately, it's a big hop from a minimal
> search engine to something like Google.

--snip--