[TriLUG] Search Engine question

Eric H Christensen kf4otn at ericsatcom.net
Mon Oct 16 09:53:14 EDT 2006

Ummmm...  I'll have to agree that this is an urban legend.  I think they
have better things to do than to try to hack into the millions of
computers that are out there, try to figure out which ones have
microphones and which ones have web cams, then figure out how to grab
the data, then figure out which ones they can actually hear something
useful on, then have someone actually listen to each one to try to hear
what is going on.  It isn't very feasible or efficient.  No, I don't
think Google has time for that now that they are sifting through all of
the videos on You Tube trying to figure out how to sort all that data.

There isn't any problem with being security conscious.  Heck, I'm very
security conscious.  But you have to get real about what is a threat and
what isn't.  I'd be worried about more things than that.

Eric